Here we will look at one good squat cage, and we hope to assist you in buying a good squat cage that may best fit your needs concerning your fitness goals.
Brand: Body Solid
Product: Best Fit Power Rack
Here is a general description of parts to a basic squat rack or cage that you should know when looking to purchase one.
Frame: The frame is the basic structure of the product, and you should look at the dimensions of the frame concerning its height especially when comparing it to where you would be using it in your home.
Support Bar: The support bar is the bar which goes on the inside of a cage between the frame. This is what catches the bar if it is dropped.
J-hooks: These are the hooks that are used either on the inside or outside of the frame to rest the barbell on when you are not using it.
Spotters arm: This is the part of a rack that the weight is under when you step back if you are doing a squat on the outside of the cage. These are more for a basic squat rack and play the same part as a support bar in a cage.
Here are some positive and negative facts about this piece that anyone would probably look at when thinking of purchasing a squat rack.
Product: Body Solid Best fit power rack
- Comes with a chin up bar, and dip bars can be purchased from another retailer. You should have no issues attaching the dip bars to the frame.
- The height of this cage is a total of 82″ so it should fit anyone of average height
- No spotter bar is needed due to the support bars inside the cage.
- The adjustments on this cage are every 3 inches apart with a total of 23 positions.
- This cage is very sturdy and there is no need to bolt it to the floor.
- The frame has a 3 year protection plan
- This cage supports only 500 pounds with the support bars or j hooks.
- A lat pull down, you can not be added as with some other cages
- If you need extra j hooks they must be purchased from the manufacturer
- A bench or weights are not included with this cage
- You will need a 7-foot bar in order to have proper clearance. Anything shorter will not work with this cage.
- There are no supports on the side to store plates
Just as with any product, there may be shipping issues concerning damage or missing parts, but customer service should be able to assist you with this.
This cage is very basic and will fit anyone’s needs concerning safety if you are working out alone. You can do anything from military press or bench press, as well as squats or dead lifts and not have to worry about safety due to not having a spotter. Some extra pieces of equipment that you may want or need such as extra j hooks or weight supports may be possible to be purchased through another retailer but there are other options for this.
Overall, if you are starting your own home gym and need a basic squat cage for when you are working out alone, this cage will serve that purpose. If you are an experienced lifter I would suggest looking at other options, but for the beginner to the average individual this piece of equipment should meet your needs to help make your home gym more complete.