Here we are looking at finding a good squat rack for your own home gym. Here are some basics of a cage/squat rack to assist you in buying a good squat rack that will fit your workout needs.
Here is a general description of parts to a basic squat rack or cage that you should know when looking to purchase one.
Frame: The frame is the basic structure of the product, and you should look at the dimensions of the frame concerning its height.
Safety Bar: The bar which goes on the inside of a cage between the frame. This is what catches the bar if it is dropped.
J-hooks: The hooks that are used either on the inside or outside of the frame to rest the barbell on.
Spotters arm: This is the part of a rack that the weight is under when you step back if you are doing a squat on the outside of the cage.
Here are some positive and negative facts about this piece that anyone would probably look at when thinking of purchasing a squat rack.
Product: Titan T-3 folding power rack
- Works just like a functional squat rack
- The price is affordable
- Comes with J hooks
- A pull up bar is also included
- Hooks to anchor it to the floor are also provided
- There are additional attachments to use as well’
- The stand is 90 inches in height so you need tall celiengs to use this rack
- If you need extra accessories these come at an extra cost
- Shipping issues may be a concern so use the best shipping service available
- May have issues mounting to the wall
- No instructions for assembly are included but you can go online or call customer service for assistance
- You may have to order additional accessories needed through the manufacturer since it doesn’t have a standard size frame
This squat rack is great for anyone that is looking for a piece of equipment that will meet your workout needs and save space. A squat rack should work great for you if you have a gym that is in a tighter area like a basement or garage. If you think you may start working out in a larger room and have the space, I would look at investing in a squat cage as opposed to a rack.
Overall, this squat rack is good for anyone that is just starting a home gym and needs a good squat rack. This works for the beginner to the intermediate level lifter. One good thing as well is that if you are working out alone, additional spotters arms are probably available. If you’re serious about your workouts and need a durable squat rack that will help save space, this rack would work. As mentioned before though, if you plan on expanding your workout area in the future there are other choices such as cages that may be a better investment in the long run.