Here we explain some basics of a squat cage and hope to assist you in buying a squat cage that may be best for you concerning your training goals.
Product: Fitness Power Rack
Here is a general description of parts to a basic squat rack or cage that you should know when looking to purchase one.
Frame: The frame is the basic structure of the product, and you should look at the dimensions of the frame concerning its height especially when comparing it to where you would be using it in your home.
Support Bar: Bar which goes on the inside of a cage between the frame. This is what catches the bar if it is dropped.
J-hooks: These are the hooks that are used either on the inside or outside of the frame to rest the barbell on when you are not using it.
Spotters arm: This is the part of a rack that the weight is under when you step back if you are doing a squat. These are more for a basic squat rack and play the same part as a support bar in a cage.
Here are answers to some questions that anyone would probably ask when thinking of purchasing a squat cage.
Product: Happy Buy Power Rack
- The safety bars on this cage are able to catch and support up to 800 pounds if a barbell is dropped
- The j hooks are able to support up to 750 pounds from the inside of the cage, and 500 pounds from the outside.
- A lat pull down with cable pully that can use up to 250 pounds can be added.
- The cable machine also uses free weights
- A chin up and dip bar are included
- The height of the cage is 91 inches, making it no problem for anyone to use.
- The dip handles are padded and have adjustable widths which is unique
- There are 26 different bar positions which will work for anyone
Just as with anything, damage could be an issue when being shipped, so you should use the highest quality shipping available to decrease this from happening. If something does arrive damaged though and you can not assemble the cage, the manufacturer may send additional parts.
If you want to use a cable machine for lat pull downs or rows, this comes at an extra cost
Overall, this squat cage will withstand about any weight that is dropped on it. This makes it suitable for use by anyone from a beginner, to the advanced lifter. If I was starting a home gym and had the funds, I would consider it as being a good piece to invest in. Especially since it comes with the option of a three-year protection plan.
In conclusion, if you are starting a home gym and like the features of this squat rack and have the funds needed, this rack would be a good option.